CURA's ® expert panel
CURA of Sweden has a long-term ambition to improving public health by improving the quality of sleep for those who seek it. We are proud to have established an expert panel consisting of a number of renowned authorities on the subject.
- TORBJÖRN ÅKERSTEDTProfessor at the Karolinska Institute and Stress Research Institute.
- KERSTIN UVNÄS MOBERGDoctor and professor whose research focuses on the feel-good hormone.
- BERIT SEIGER CRONFALKQualified Nurse, docent and lecturer at Ersta Sköndal Bräcke university, as well as the NVS Institute at the Karolinska Institute.
- KERSTIN MALMBERGSenior doctor at the neuropsychiatric unit at Astrid Lindgren's children's hospital in Solna.
- SOPHIE EKMANMunicipality school doctor for over 30 years and honorary doctor at the Karolinska Institute.
- CLAUDE MARCUSProfessor and one of Sweden's leading obesity experts.
- MARGIT LEIST HAGSTRÖMQualified midwife, authorized sexual consultant (NACS) and CBT therapist
Sleep is important for your weight
Several studies show a link between sleep and weight gain. Professor Claude Marcus, one of Sweden's leading experts on obesity, explains that restless sleep or too little sleep increases feelings of hunger and makes it easier to gain weight. Read more